Professor, Executive Director of Program of Biotechnology, Institute of Immunology and School of Life Science, University of Science and Technology of China; President of Society of Biotechnology of Anhui Province.
Tel: 86-551-63606429(O); 86-551-63600536(Lab);
#443 Huangshan Road, Hefei, Anhui province China 230027
GMP Lab: http://gmp.ustc.edu.cn
Dept. of Biotech: http://biodept.ustc.edu.cn
Dr. Xiao received his B.S and PhD. in Medicine from Norman Bethune University, Changchun China, and M.S. in Bioinformatics from Johon Hopkins University, Maryland USA. He was a research associate at Changchun Institute of Biological Products, Changchun, China from 1985 to 1995, and a postdoctoral fellow in Cancer Canter, school of medicine, University of Maryland from 1995 to 1998, a scientist at National Cancer Institute, NIH, USA from 1998 to 2005. In the late of 2004, he became a Principle Investigator at Institute of Immunology and School of Life Science in University of Science & Technology of China, and appointed as executive director of the program of medicinal biotechnology and director of GMP Laboratory of Medicinal biotechnology. He published more than 40 research articles on peer review journals and 16 patents including 8 issued patents.
Molecular Cancer Biology and Molecular Immunology
* Signaling transduction and transcription in cancer and immune cells
* Inflammation and Cancer Immunity
* Biological drugs and Immune therapy technology and products development
- Jia, H., Y. Guo, X. Song, C. Shao, J. Wu, J. Ma, M. Shi, Y. Miao, R. Li, D. Wang, Z. Tian, and W. Xiao. 2016. Elimination of N-glycosylation by site mutation further prolongs the half-life of IFN-alpha/Fc fusion proteins expressed in Pichia pastoris. Microb Cell Fact 15: 209.
- Wang, D., J. Y. Chen, R. Li, G. L. Wu, Z. M. Sun, Z. T. Wang, Z. M. Zhai, F. Fang, Y. G. Guo, Y. J. Zhong, M. Jiang, H. Xu, M. H. Chen, G. D. Shen, J. Sun, B. L. Yan, C. D. Yu, Z. G. Tian, and W. H. Xiao. 2016. PAX5 interacts with RIP2 to promote NF-kappa B activation and drug-resistance in B-lymphoproliferative disorders. J. Cell Sci. 129: 2261-2272.
- Guo, Y. G., J. Wu, H. Jia, W. Chen, C. S. Shao, L. Zhao, J. J. Ma, R. Li, Y. J. Zhong, F. Fang, D. Wang, J. Sun, F. Qian, X. R. Dai, G. H. Zhang, Z. G. Tian, B. X. Li, and W. H. Xiao. 2015. Balancing the Expression and Production of a Heterodimeric Protein: Recombinant Agkisacutacin as a Novel Antithrombotic Drug Candidate. Sci Rep 5: 10.
- Zhong, Y. J., L. Yang, Y. G. Guo, F. Fang, D. Wang, R. Li, M. Jiang, W. Y. Kang, J. J. Ma, J. Sun, and W. H. Xiao. 2014. High-temperature cultivation of recombinant Pichia pastoris increases endoplasmic reticulum stress and decreases production of human interleukin-10. Microb. Cell. Fact. 13: 10.
- Ren, Z. J., W. Y. Kang, L. H. Wang, B. L. Sun, J. J. Ma, C. G. Zheng, J. Sun, Z. G. Tian, X. Y. Yang, and W. H. Xiao. 2014. E2F1 renders prostate cancer cell resistant to ICAM-1 mediated antitumor immunity by NF-kB modulation. Mol. Cancer 13: 13.
- Guo, Y. G., R. Li, X. P. Song, Y. J. Zhong, C. G. Wang, H. Jia, L. D. Wu, D. Wang, F. Fang, J. Ma, W. Y. Kang, J. Sun, Z. G. Tian, and W. H. Xiao. 2014. The Expression and Characterization of Functionally Active Soluble CD83 by Pichia pastoris Using High-Density Fermentation. PLoS One 9: 8.
- Sun, H. Y., C. Sun, and W. H. Xiao. 2014. Expression regulation of co-inhibitory molecules on human natural killer cells in response to cytokine stimulations. Cytokine 65: 33-41.
- Cheng, M., Y. Y. Chen, W. H. Xiao, R. Sun, and Z. G. Tian. 2013. NK cell-based immunotherapy for malignant diseases. Cell. Mol. Immunol. 10: 230-252.
- Sun, H. Y., C. Sun, Z. G. Tian, and W. H. Xiao. 2013. NK cells in immunotolerant organs. Cell. Mol. Immunol. 10: 202-212.
- Ma, Y., Q. Q. Cheng, Z. J. Ren, L. Xu, Y. Zhao, J. Sun, S. Y. Hu, and W. H. Xiao. 2012. Induction of IGF-1R expression by EGR-1 facilitates the growth of prostate cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 317: 150-156.
- Fang, F., Y. Wang, R. Li, Y. Zhao, Y. Guo, M. Jiang, J. Sun, Y. Ma, Z. J. Ren, Z. G. Tian, F. Wei, D. Yang, and W. H. Xiao. 2010. Transcription Factor E2F1 Suppresses Dendritic Cell Maturation. J. Immunol. 184: 6084-6091.
- Ma, J. J., Z. J. Ren, Y. Ma, L. Xu, Y. Zhao, C. G. Zheng, Y. H. Fang, T. Xue, B. L. Sun, and W. H. Xiao. 2009. Targeted Knockdown of EGR-1 Inhibits IL-8 Production and IL-8-mediated Invasion of Prostate Cancer Cells through Suppressing EGR-1/NF-kappa B Synergy. J. Biol. Chem. 284: 34600-34606.
- Zheng, C. G., Z. J. Ren, H. T. Wang, W. C. Zhang, D. V. Kalvakolanu, Z. G. Tian, and W. H. Xiao. 2009. E2F1 Induces Tumor Cell Survival via Nuclear Factor-kappa B-Dependent Induction of EGR1 Transcription in Prostate Cancer Cells. Cancer Res. 69: 2324-2331.
- Xiao, W. H., D. R. Hodge, L. H. Wang, X. Y. Yang, X. H. Zhang, and W. L. Farrar. 2004. NF-kappa B activates IL-6 expression through cooperation with c-Jun and IL6-AP1 site, but is independent of its IL6-NF kappa B regulatory site in autocrine human multiple myeloma cells. Cancer Biol. Ther. 3: 1007-1017.
- Xiao, W. H., L. H. Wang, X. Y. Yang, T. S. Chen, D. Hodge, P. F. Johnson, and W. Farrar. 2001. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta mediates interferon-gamma-induced p48 (ISGF3-gamma) gene transcription in human monocytic cells. J. Biol. Chem. 276: 23275-23281.
- Xiao, W. H., S. Ramanujam, D. J. Lindner, R. D. Kudaravalli, R. Freund, and D. V. Kalvakolanu. 1998. The polyoma virus T antigen interferes with interferon-inducible gene expression. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 95: 1085-1090.
- Xiao, W. H., V. Kolla, and D. V. Kalvakolanu. 1997. Interferon gamma-induced transcription of the murine ISGF3 gamma (p48) gene is mediated by novel factors. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 94: 103-108.
- Xiao, W. H., D. J. Lindner, and D. V. Kalvakolanu. 1997. The interferon-inducible murine p48 (ISGF3 gamma) gene is regulated by protooncogene c-myc. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 94: 7227-7232.